Firefighters have rushed to Valletta after a blaze broke out in a building next to Malta’s Parliament.
The fire is reported to have started when batteries used to supply emergency electricity in the City Gate area burst into flames.
Police said the alarm was raised at around 1.50am.
Firefighters controlled the fire within a few minutes and no major damage was reported.
It is still unclear what caused the batteries to malfunction.
The post Firefighters put out blaze next to Malta’s parliament appeared first on 89.7 Bay.
Original article found on 897 Bay News